Question:
what does this poem mean?
wyderp
2006-03-30 13:02:33 UTC
This poem was written a few days after 9/11. Can anyone interpret it? hint: Steven Spielberg knows exactly what it means.

Western Knife To Arabian Throat

we will take your life, we will take many.
it is as sure as Jewish flesh - if really King,
our lioness loses not a cub, not a dollar
except to the dripping teeth of giggling hyenas

we will fight drunk, we will furrow our brow
we will grit our teeth into powder
so fine it soaks up the Tigris,
returns and waters our cars

we will no doubt shear your lungs apart
and squish your Book with treads, right Jesus?
like a concrete slab did our man on Two high
sipping Starbucks and blinking his eyes

there'll be more shed of that already shed
to fill God's landfill, Mesopotamia
with blood that's passed through so many hands
you can see history through a glass of it

we will throw new fire onto old fires
saying to ourselves and to your beard still attached
that this is for hating us, Arab
we never did nothing to you...[slice]
Five answers:
djotto00
2006-03-30 13:08:29 UTC
Actually sounds like a angry poem written in response to a horrific event with no concern that violence won't solve the issue at hand.
frayfesh
2006-03-30 21:10:44 UTC
I'm not very sure, but I think that the poem is a critic of Actually society. Not only the First World, also 3rd World, not only government, also religion, people, and many things that our society have.

I think too lot of poems has a little secret for each o one readers.
TheWiseOne
2006-03-31 15:25:35 UTC
It's a bitter, anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim poem that threatens everlasting violence and flaunting the capitalistic system.

"We will grit our teeth into powder/so fine it soaks up the Tigris/returns and waters our cars"

That line refers to the Tigris River in Mesopotamia, and in it we threaten to soak up the Tigris with our rage and then we taunt them with our cars.

"There'll be more shed of that already shed/to fill God's landfill, Mesopotamia"

Threatening violence in Mesopotamia, which is supposedly God's landfill (actually, it's the Cradle of Civilization)
Simba
2006-03-30 21:04:25 UTC
Umm to me it sounds like a poem that is written by (or is supposed to seem like it was) a sheite.
nitty042000
2006-03-30 21:08:34 UTC
I dont think any one is going to read all that so you need to make your question a bit smaller